Overview: Math in America is in crisis, and it is our children that are impacted. Questions such as “When will I use this when I grow up?” expose the misguided understanding and approach to math today. Do you want your children to speak well, write well, problem solve well, reason well, concentrate well, nurture attentiveness, think logically, and cultivate the virtues of patience, courage, and perseverance? Then, MATH MATTERS. Join Dr. Mark Tarpley as we explore together the important role math plays in the formation of our children in an interactive and active learning experience that will both reshape your view of math and how you teach.
Who Should Register for this Seminar?
– If you did not like math growing up and/or still do not like math, you should register for this seminar.
– If you loved math growing up, you should register for this seminar.
– If you teach math, you should register for this seminar.
– If you teach humanities or science, you should register for this seminar.
– If you have young students starting out in math, you should register for this seminar.
– If you have older students in math, you should register for this seminar.
– If you homeschool and find math a challenge to manage math with all of your children at home, you should register for this seminar.
Seminar Expectations: Preparation time by participants for each session is approximately 1 hr. not including the selected readings. Feedback will be provided on submitted assignments and is a unique and important part of the seminar. Recordings of the sessions for reference use will be provided for the duration of the course, will not be posted for public viewing, and will be available up to two weeks after the completion of the seminar.
Instructor: Dr. Mark Tarpley
Dates and Time: Four 1.5 hr. sessions on Zoom. September 11th, September 18th, September 25th, and October 2nd (8:00 pm – 9:30 pm CDT)
*Minimum and maximum registrants: 7 – 12 (Please note: Seven registrants are required in order for the seminar to make. Registration assumes one household per registration. For group discounts or private group seminars, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.)