The purpose of this exercise is to allow you to more deeply engage the text by answering multiple choice questions and reading the question explanations. Enjoy!
0 of 6 Questions completed
You have already completed the exercise before. Hence you can not start it again.
Exercise is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the exercise.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 6 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Please Note: Click “View Questions” below to see which questions you answered correctly or incorrectly and to see brief explanations for the questions.
Question 1 of 6
1. Which of the following options best captures why the authors refer to the Church as “sojourning” in the opening paragraph and Christians as a “race” in Chapter III?CorrectIncorrect
Question 2 of 6
2. What is implied by the text when it states that St. Polycarp’s martyrdom “put an end to the persecution” in Chapter I?CorrectIncorrect
Question 3 of 6
3. According to the text, who was the primary figure(s) who sought to ensure that St. Polycarp’s body was not secured by the Christians?CorrectIncorrect
Question 4 of 6
4. What is the response of those who captured St. Polycarp in Chapter VII when they hear him praying?CorrectIncorrect
Question 5 of 6
5. Why are the Christians referred to as atheists in the text by the non-Christians?CorrectIncorrect
Question 6 of 6
6. Which of the following options best explains how the Christians viewed St. Polycarp following his martyrdom?CorrectIncorrect