The purpose of this exercise is to allow you to solidify your factual knowledge of the text by answering different styles of questions regarding the text. Enjoy!
0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the exercise before. Hence you can not start it again.
Exercise is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the exercise.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Please Note: Click “View Questions” below to see which questions you answered correctly or incorrectly and to see brief explanations for the questions.
Question 1 of 10
1. Match the figure below with the correct relationship he had with St. Polycarp.
- St. John the Evangelist
- St. Ignatios of Antioch
- St. Irenaeus of Lyon
Teacher of St. Polycarp
Friend of St. Polycarp
Disciple of St. Polycarp
Question 2 of 10
2. When did St. Polycarp live?CorrectIncorrect
Question 3 of 10
3. Fill-in-the-blank with the correct word.
The Christians are accused by the multitudes in Chapter III of being .
Question 4 of 10
4. Sort the following events in the order in which they occurred starting with the earliest event first.
The executioner pierces St. Polycarp with a dagger.
Nicetes entreats the governor not to give up St. Polcyarp’s body to be buried.
The Christians seek to retrieve St. Polycarp’s body.
The centurion burns St. Polycarp’s body, leaving only bones.
St. Polycarp appears as gold and silver glowing in a furnace.
Question 5 of 10
5. Match the figure below with the correct description.
- Christian martyr
- An apostate (one who denies Christ)
- The man who brought St. Polycarp to the stadium.
- The one(s) who cry out with one voice that St. Polycarp should be burnt alive.
- The High Priest at the time of St. Polykarp's martyrdom.
Herod the Irenarch
The Heathen and Jews
Philip the Trallian
Question 6 of 10
6. Fill-in-the-blank with the correct word.
St. Polycarp’s under his head seemed to him on fire.
Question 7 of 10
7. Fill-in-the-blank with the correct word.
Upon being captured, St. Polycarp orders that those who sought him be given food and drink and requests that he be allowed to (one word).
Question 8 of 10
8. Which of the following titles are attributed to St. Polycarp by the proconsul in Chapter XII? (Check all that apply)CorrectIncorrect
Question 9 of 10
9. While St. Polycarp was engulfed in flames, the Christians perceived a sweet odor likened to frankincense or precious spices.CorrectIncorrect
Question 10 of 10
10. Why did the Christians celebrate the martyrdom of St. Polycarp each year?CorrectIncorrect